- Imagine Canada “A Framework for Action for the Nonprofit Sector”. June 2010. Working Draft.
- Statistics Canada. 2010. “Canadian Survey on Giving, Volunteering and Philanthropy” (CSGVP).
- David Lasby. 2012. “Caring Canadians, Involved Canadians: 2010”, Research Note, Imagine Canada.
- KCI Philanthropy. 2012. “The evolving world of fundraising and philanthropy”. Philanthropic Trends Quarterly, 2012: 1
- David Lasby and Cathy Barr. 2013. “Talking About Charities 2013 – Canadians’ Opinions on Charities and Issues Affecting Charities”. The Muttart Foundation.
- John Carver. 1997. Boards that make a difference: A new design for leadership in nonprofit and public organizations. 2nd Edition, Jossey-Bass.
- Mel Gill. 2005. Governing for results – A director’s guide to good governance. Trafford Publishing
- Miriam M. Wood. 1992. “Is Governing Board Behavior Cyclical?”, Nonprofit Management and Leadership, 3(2)
Course Specific Material
- Deloitte. The Effective Not-For-Profit Board: A value-driving force. 3rd ed.
- John Pointer. 2002. The High-Performance Board: Principles of Nonprofit Organization Governance. Toronto: John Wiley & Sons Canada.
- Diane J. Duca. 1996. Nonprofit Boards: Roles, Responsibilities and Performances. Toronto: John Wiley & Sons Canada.
- Peter Broder, ed. 2002. Primer for Directors of Not-for-Profit Corporations (Rights, Duties and Practices). Ottawa, Industry Canada.
Course Specific Material
- brap. Interculturalism: A breakdown of thinking and practice: Lessons from the field. The Baring Foundation. February 2012.
- Lopes, T. and Thomas, B. 2006. Dancing on Live Embers: Challenging Racism in Organizations, Toronto: Between the Lines
- Canada Board Diversity Council. 2014. Annual Report Card 2014. Canada Board Diversity Council.
- Cukier, W, M. Yap, K. Aspevig and L. Lejasisaks. 2011. DiverseCity Counts 3. Diversecitytoronto.ca.
- DiverseCity Toronto. 2012. Ten Tips to Accelerate Prosperity. Diversecitytoronto.ca.
- Fredette, Dr. C., W. Cukier, M. Yap, K. Aspevig and L. Lejasisaks. Leadership Diversity in the Non-profit Sector: Baby steps, big strides, and bold stances. Diversecitytoronto.ca. June 2012.
- Government of Canada. 2015. How to partner with CIHR. Canadian Institute of Health Research.
- Government of Canada. 2015. Guidelines for Organizations Participating in Research Partnerships. Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada.
- Government of Canada. 2015. Partnerships. Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council.
- Grayson, J. DiverseCity on Board Program Evaluation. May 2012.
- Konnigsberg, D. 2013.Women in the Boardroom: A Global Perspective. Deloitte.com.
- Kueppers, R.J. Board Diversity: Let’s make it personal. NACD Directorship, p. 74. May/June 2013.
- Kwong, M. Narendra Modi visit: Why India matters to Canada. CBC News. April 15, 2015.
- Lopez, S. 2012. Diversity in procurement makes business sense. Diversecitytoronto.ca.
- Myatt, M. and P. Lenkov. Top Ten Reasons Diversity is Good for the Boardroom. Forbes.com. November 18, 2013.
- Omidvar, R. and J. Tory. 2013. Insights on Diversity in Leadership: Learning from the Toronto Region. Diversecitytoronto.ca.
- Rhode, D.L. and A.K. Packel. Diversity on Corporate Boards. Stanford Center on the Legal Profession, Stanford University. September 10, 2009.
- Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors. 2013. Diversity, Inclusion and Effective Philanthropy.
- Russell Reynolds Associates. 2014. Different Is Better: Why Diversity Matters in the Boardroom. russellreynolds.com.
- Ryerson University. 2015. University Planning Office: Key Statistics. Ryerson.ca.
- Sloan,W. University honoured for diversity initiatives. Ryerson.ca. April 1, 2015.
- Virtcom Consulting. 2009. Board Diversification Strategy: Realizing Competitive Advantage and Shareowner Value.
- Woodward, B., A. Brocklehurst, D. Jenish and J. Schofield. Ryerson Aims to Make Diversity Part of its DNA. Globe and Mail Special Magazine, p. 19. March 31, 2015.
- Ron Knowles and Helen Hayward. 2010. Strategic Planning for Associations and Not-For-Profit Organizations. CSAE Monograph Series.